Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Do facial cleansers remove makeup? Or MUST you use make-up remover?

I'm using Cerave as my facial cleanser and was wondering if it removes makeup or not?Do facial cleansers remove makeup? Or MUST you use make-up remover?
it doesn't really matter if u use makeup remover or not. most cleansers wipe off your makeup when u use it on ur face. but if u wear heavy eyeliner or eyeshadow u definetly should use the makeup remover around your eyes before u use the cleanser.Do facial cleansers remove makeup? Or MUST you use make-up remover?
Makeup gets removed (or sometimes unfortunately slides off your face) when it comes in contact with oil. That's why the oil on your eyelids make your makeup slide off if you don't use a primer. An effective way to take off makeup at the end of the day is to use a soap that is oil based. What I mean by an oil based soap is, if you look at the list of ingredients on the packaging or bottle, an oil is listed as the first ingredient. I like to use Aubrey Organics soaps or Burts Bees soaps. They're usually coconut oil based and moisturizing! I've been doing this for 6 years now, and I've bought a bottle of makeup remover only once in my life (before I knew about this)!
I use both, I found out it works better for me. Mostly because my eyeliner/eye make-up wants to stay on and once I tab my make-up remover on it comes off just like that, with a facial cleanser I always had to scrub which made my face more sensitive.


So bottom line: I say use both.=]





Hope I Helped!!=]
I would say to buy a make up remover or even facial cloths you can buy them at the local beauty supply store so I would say to use those and just a facial soap not intended for cleansing the face
you can use a toner(alcohol) just to be sure you get all the dirt from your face
some facial cleanser can remove makeup and cleanse skin at once

No comments:

Post a Comment